Tracys Travels

Hi all! I finally decided that having a blog would be a bit more time efficient than sending out the same e-mail to 150-200 people! Hope this enables you to keep track of where I am and what I am up to. Please keep the e-mails coming though, I love to hear from all of you! Hope you enjoy reading the massive ramblings as much as I enjoy writing them. I will try hard to keep it somewhat updated!! Wish me luck! ;) Tracy

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Relaxing after a wonderful holiday!

Hi all!
Well, it is the end of summer already, can you believe it!? We just got back from our holiday down south and have been getting back into the swing of things now. 3 out of 4 weddings are over, just one to go! My aunty Wilma had an awesome medieval themed wedding which was a lot of fun and I got to make a dress especially for the occasion! Fun! Then I had to MC my buddy Mark's wedding before we went on our holiday. It was awesome, but so nerve wracking! I did ok though and it was a lot of fun. The morning after was a big hangover for me, but we had to pack and get ready for our trip the next morning. We drove straight to Courtenay on Vancouver Island and spend a week there with Jeramy's parents. That was a great and relaxing visit. Each morning we spent drinking our coffee's in the hot tub on the deck outside. Beautiful!
I met all of his family at a big dinner and they were all terrific, we got along great and I passed the test! ;)
We went up to Mount Washington and hiked down, enjoying the stunning views all the while. We watched car races and the "crash to pass" races at saratoga speedway one night. We also watched the "crazy canuck" jump a bus and a bunch of cars and then crash at the end! We walked Miracle beach one morning and picked seashells for my nephew (and me)! We got to go to a festival in Cumberland one night and I saw Xavier Rudd play. It was awesome! Let's see, lots of shopping and we played two games of golf with Jer's parents. Pops and I against mops and Jer. Pops and I won the last one! We did a lot in our week there and then we drove over to Tofino and stopped in Cathedral Grove to see all the old growth trees. That was a beautiful walk. We spent the nightin Uculet and I would highly recommend the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in called "The Amphritite". It was so crisp, clean and modern and just stunning views. While we were over there we did a really romatic dinner at the wickininsh restaurant overlooking the ocean, and we also walked the famous long beach. I got to pick more seashells there! After one more night in Courtenay we took the ferry back across to the mainland and spent a few nights at my aunt Rosie and uncle Doug's place in Langley.

Before we went to Langley we hiked Lighthouse park and shopped around Metrotown mall. I was able to show Jer some of my old stomping grounds! We had bellinis at the Cactus Club and then went and introduced Jer to some of my family! Thursday was spent visiting with aunties in the morning, grandpa (aka papa) in the afternoon and my dad and stepmom in the evening. Very busy for Jer! He got to meet the father! They got along great. Friday Jer and I spent at Granville Island and then on a dinner cruise. The weather was perfect that day! Beautiful sunset from the boat. Then Saturday was Aunty Karen's wedding to Angelo. It was beautiful. So elegant and so "aunty karen". They did a super job. We got a room in Burnaby that night and snuk into the pool when we got back for a fast dip! Sunday was a BBQ at my dad's house with lots of family and then back to aunt Rosie's place. We left Monday morning and hung out at the Cultus Lake waterslides for the early afternoon and then drove as far as Quesnel to spend the night. We made it back Tuesday to Dawson Creek and now the holiday is over. It was a darn good one though and we have lots of photos!

Now I have been keeping my eyes peeled to the teaching website and have been applying for teaching jobs in Dawson. I quit LP just before Mark and Crystal's wedding, so I am jobless for now, but I go back on the teacher on call list tuesday when school starts again. That's about all of my news for now. Summer had flown by far too fast! Hope we get better fall weather than we did summer. There has sure been a lot of rain and crappy weather this summer.
Hope you are all well and send me an email or post a note to say hi!!
TTFN
Luv Tracy

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

awwwwww i miss vancouver.. reminds me of sydney but without as much bustle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home