Tracys Travels

Hi all! I finally decided that having a blog would be a bit more time efficient than sending out the same e-mail to 150-200 people! Hope this enables you to keep track of where I am and what I am up to. Please keep the e-mails coming though, I love to hear from all of you! Hope you enjoy reading the massive ramblings as much as I enjoy writing them. I will try hard to keep it somewhat updated!! Wish me luck! ;) Tracy

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Post Macchu Pichu and home.

Hello everyone!
I am back home in Dawson Creek, BC after an excellent trip!
I left Lima around March 14th and then spent a few weeks in Calgary with friends and family. I will tell you more about this after I finish off with my experiences in Lima.

After Macchu Pichu we spent a few more days in Cusco before catching an internal flight to Lima. We were running short on time, as Lindsay had to catch a flight on the 11th and mine was the 14th. In Lima we decided to stay at a place called "The Flying Dog". It turned out to be a decent hostel and located in the middle of Miraflores. Linds and I explored a bit and relaxed a lot until she had to leave. I waved good-bye and felt a bit lost as she disappeared in the taxi. After a while I decide to go out and explore a bit on my own. My exploring took me shopping! After some retail therapy I felt much better, so I decided to go for a movie. I don't remember what I watched. If you know me well, you won't be surprised by this!

The next few days I spent a LOT of time shopping and wandering the city area around our hostel. I met a lovely Norwegien girl who was staying in my room and we had a few meals together. I also spent an afternoon with Emily from the USA (she had come out with Lindsay and I on Lindsay's "going away" night). I got to meet Emily's peruvian stalker! I will explain. She met a young guy who was convinced he loved her and wanted to marry her. They had spent a few days or a week together before he hit her with this information! Ha! It was a little much for her I think! A nice "young" guy! Anyways, I also spent a bit of time with one of the guys working at the hostel, Yossef. He needed a fashion consultant to go shopping with on my last night, so I joined him for an hour of shopping. It's just as fun shopping for someone else, cause you get the thrilll of the purchase without the addition to your VISA bill. He was happy with a few shirts and a pair of jeans! He was preparing for a month long trip to Europe! Nice guy. My last day was also a beach day (only my second beach day on the entire trip, so don't get jealous yet)! I walked down to the rocky beach and was determined to get some colour before returning to Canada! It was a success. I also had 2 seperate guys try to pick me up on the beach and on the walk home. They ARE friendly! I had a great time in Lima even though I hadn't heard anything good about the city from fellow travellers. It is what you make of it I guess!

So, I managed to get the taxi to the airport after a beer at the hostel with Yossef and all his buddies. I was sad to be leaving because I didn't feel quite ready for my trip to be over, but I was cheered up by the fact that I would be seeing people in Calgary for a while first.
After a very long, gruelling 3 flights I was back in Calgary the following night. Shannon (one of my best friends) and Kevin (her boyfriend) picked me up at the airport in Kevin's van and we headed off to their jam session with their band at Kevin's house. I got to meet the other 4 band members and hear Shannon sing while they practiced and worked out a few songs. It was awesome! Then we went back to Shannon's place and visited and hung out.
I spent a few days at Shannon's that week, and then headed to my cousin Lori's place for a 3 night weekend! We ended up going out for St.Paddy's day and Kevin and Shannon met us there for a few green beers! My cousin's Sean and Lori were there, and Lori's hubby Rod came after work as well as a friend of Seans. We had a great night!

I ended up back at Shannon's for the next week, but it turned out to only be a few days because we decided on a rushed trip to Vancouver. Shannon wanted to try out for the show "Rock Star", so we did a fly by trip in Kevin's van to Vancouver. We stayed with my grandpa for 2 nights in White Rock and then did the audition and came back. It was crazy busy and we only really had 1 day, which we spent with my family. On the way back we were pretty tired, so we spent the night in Revelstoke and headed back to Calgary the next day. It was a great road trip, but really really rushed. I wish I could have seen more friends and family while I was there, but that was impossible. Next time!

Back in Calgary, Shannon and I spent a few more days together and it was time for me to go home to Dawson. I grabbed an overnight bus on Sunday and my mom picked me up Monday morning! School was back in session on this Monday, so I knew I'd get work soon. I worked Wednesday that week, and last week I worked every day. Tomorrow is Monday and I work all week again. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the real world I go! I guess I have to pay off my VISA somehow hey!

Oh, I have to tell you about my toothache! It started wednesday night at my grandpa's in White Rock, and came and went. In Calgary Shannon bought me some "ambasol" to help with the growing pain. By Monday morning I was in lots of pain. I had a quick chat with my room mate, Mickey, and went to bed for a few hours. I had called my dentist that morning and they said the earliest they could get me in was Friday. Okay, so that night I ended up going into emergency and was given some anti-biotics and pain killers. (Thank God) Friday morning my dentist appointment came (I thought it was maybe a cavity) and I found out I had an absess tooth. I got to have my tooth drilled apart and they decided to do it in 2 sessions, so I get to go back on the 18th! The good news is, the pain went away after this dentist appointment! (Again, Thank God) I don't think there are many things that hurt and frusturate more than a toothache. Saturday I was finally able to think straight! All is well in my world now, except the $650.00 dentist bill that I don't have!! Haha! Everything is funny if you wait long enough!!! That was our favourite travel phrase! It's true too! Even my dog bite story is hilarious now!!

Well, I am back to work and loving that I basically missed winter this year! I have e-mail until my room mates leave on the 15th, so send me a note! I'd love to hear from you all!

Until the next blog session, over and out.
Tracy

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

say hi to pacey for me....

ok, bad joke, still Dawsons Creek, sounds neat, but i spose canada is the 2nd best place on this earth

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

welcome home tracer! canada is a happy place once again! love you long time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home